Monday, April 30, 2007

Checking In

Just to let you loyal readers know, a new post is indeed in the works. It will be a photo essay of that wonderful Hungarian capital known as Budapest. I was there a few weeks ago for spring break and have been away from home quite a bit since school resumed.

April has just flown by, as, aside from being in Hungary for a week, I, along with those of my colleagues who still remain in Romania, attended our COS (Close of Service) Conference in Sinaia. I also spent time last week in Ploiesti, helping to train the new volunteers from Group 22. And to top it all off, I found myself in Constanta and Vama Veche this weekend, hanging with my friends on the Black Sea coast.

May will bring a trip to Bucharest for my final physical this week and a farewell trip to Piatra Neamt next week. Three solid weeks of school follow that and, well, that's all she wrote. As of June 2nd I will no longer be a PCV, but an RPCV. What a ride.

I'll be on the road for most of the month of June, solo and with my Dad. I'll be traveling to Serbia and Bosnia from the 2nd to the 10th: Belgrade, Sarajevo & Mostar. I'll pick up Dad at the airport in Bucharest on the 10th and take him to Codlea for a few days. I'll show him Brasov and let him adjust to the time change, etc. You know, take it easy a bit. On the 15th we'll fly out of Bucharest and embark on a 12-day tour of Slovenia, Croatia & Montenegro: Ljublijana, Zagreb, Split, Kotor & Dubrovnik. We'll be back on the 26th, stay in Romania for a few days, and then both fly out on July 1st. I will be back, for good, on American soil on Sunday afternoon, July 1st.

S0, that's my life in a nutshell for the next 8-9 weeks. I'm in the process of editing my Budapest photos, so please bear with me. I'll estimate that I'll have some pics up by this weekend. Until next time, be cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo scott. i know we'll chat in the meantime, but lets make a point to sync up about dubrovnik. g and i had a blast there and have a great pizza place to recommend...and you'll be happy to hear that public farting is free in dubrovnik (very funny story)

Author: Rob Rousseau said...

sounds like 2 great months ahead....glad you'll be back for the 4th weekend - we're going to need to plan a party once your back in chitown