Friday, June 01, 2007

I'm Out

That's all she wrote. I officially checked out of the Peace Corps this afternoon. However, this doesn't mean the end of "Fenblog". There's much more to come. Stay tuned for:

- Budapest (parts 1-4)
- Summer travels in: Serbia, Bosnia, Slovenia, Croatia, & Montenegro
- Bucharest
- Timisoara
- Mountains
- Animals
- Iron Curtain Autos. part 2
- and everything else I never had time to post...

I'd like to say that, despite all of the hardships, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Two years ago, I saw the Peace Corps as being the ultimate challenge, the fulfillment of a dream. It was both of those and then some.

I'll close by dedicating this post to the love of my life and my future wife. We hung tough and stuck together. Everything else is gonna be a piece of cake. I love you Sarah Barr. I'll be home soon.

Scott

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a job well done!! I know everyone there is going to miss you terribly. I hope Victor and Ica make it over for your wedding. It would be great to see them again. Safe travels and there'll be some ice cold Santa's Butt waiting for you when you get into Chicago!

Peace!
Joel

Anonymous said...

Congrats Scott. Cant wait til you get home for good. Good job, you will be missed. Have safe travels with the MOOOOOOooooooooooooSSSSE!

Love
Aaron

Unknown said...

Big congrats, Scott.
I'm very proud of you - you reached a great milestone.
As for the wedding:
Felcitari si Casa de Piatra to both you and Sarah!