Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I'm a little behind

I have to keep this one short. Ok, so I think that I need to pick up from last Friday....no time....i'll getto that later. It's Tuesday and I'm in an internet cafe in my new hometown (for 10 weeks) of Codlea, located about 10 km northwest of Brasov. My gazda (host) mama and tata (papa) are Ica and Victor Ciolan. Ica is a nurse at the Codlea spital (hospital) and Victor is a construction carpenter. My casa frumos (beautiful home) is located at the top of strada (street) 15 de noiembrie (november), at the foot of some beautiful forested and pasture-like hills. Lots of cows and horses in the strada and all of the wonderful things that come out of them....mmmmm....All is well and more details later...

salut

Scott

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you have found the internet cafe and all is well. I have a strange feeling that by the time youre term in the PC is up, we'll all learn a little more Romania than we expected ( mostly from these Romanian-packed blogs.) I hope youre time there is as interesting and fufilling as it sounds. Best of luck.

Davidson

Anonymous said...

Gene & I wish you the best..how's the cabbage, tomatoes, livestock, foods, "family" & YOUR JOB doing? Your're in perfect area for extra "KNOWLEDGE"..just remember Marco Polo actually came from..Croatia///find out more re: Translyvanians & also the NEW SOON TO BE THEME PARK we told you about centering on "Vlad, the NASTY"..& all Romainian arts.. enjoy oall the SPENDOR of Mid-Europe! Lee'n' Gene