Tuesday, October 04, 2005

October's Here



I love this picture of Ica! She's peering out of the new window that Victor put in recently in the bathroom that he's remodling. The bathroom is accessed from the courtyard/driveway outside and is adjacent to a cellar. Victor's putting in new tile as well. There's no toilet, just a place to bathe. It's nice in the summer, with lots of fresh air to come in.

The weekend in Codlea was good. The wedding was small, but fun and I ate ALOT. Good food and good people. I think that I'll be going back there every two weeks. I really feel at home there and love Ica and Victor so much. Next time there won't be any pre-planned events and I'll be able to cook with Ica and get school work done in a relaxing and comfortable environment. In a perfect world, I'd live with them for the rest of my service. Living alone sucks and I never want to do it again if I can help it.

Week 4 of school has started. I had a bit of a rough day yesterday with one of the classes - they don't know how to keep their mouths shut. Today was ok though. Although I don't want to do it, I'm going to have to drop the hammer on them and make them realize who's boss. I did it this morning in the British History class and I think that it worked. Oh well. Today, tomorrow & Thursday I need to catch up on some school work and then I'm going to visit a couple of friends from group 20 on Friday. They live in Bacau and were 2 of my fellow trainees in Codlea. They share an apartment and I'm looking forward to seeing it and hanging out with them. It's been two months since we all parted ways, so it will be good.

Sarah bought her plane ticket for Romania the other day. She'll be arriving on December 28th and leaving on January 10th. I wish we could have more time together, but schedules will not allow for this. I think that I'm going to give Victor money to rent a car so we can pick her up in Bucharest and take her to Codlea in comfort. The Dacia's in no shape for long trips. We'll stay in Codlea through the new year, use the car to travel around together if we can and leave for Piatra Neamt after about 6 days. We'll spend a few days in Piatra and then leave for a couple days in Bucharest before she leaves on the 10th. I'm counting the days.

Well, that's about it for now. I've got to go buy a few things at the grocery store, wash some dishes, iron some shirts, vaccum, etc. And I've also got plenty of school work to do. Bye for now!

No comments: