Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Indoor Plumbing....Or Lack Thereof

Hi folks. I'm dirty. I haven't bathed in almost 48 hours. Codlea hasn't had running water since Monday morning. Flyers were posted around town saying that the water would be turned off from 9am to 9pm Monday. Ha. I knew better than that. I have to dump a bucket of water down the toilet to get my turds to go down. Nice, huh? I also have to go to Bucharest tomorrow for my annual physical. I bet Dr. Dan would love to examine me after 3 days without a bath. And did I mention the 90+ degree heat? My PCV friend Andrew arrived last night for a visit with his American girlfriend. I really enjoyed saying, "Hi, nice to meet you. By the way, we have no running water. We've got a brand new car, big television set, etc., but no running water. Here's a bucket. You'll know what to do." Such is life here in Romania - "land of contrasts"....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"yet another deposit in the bank of memories" DAD

Anonymous said...

It depends on the angle your are looking from when you define constrasts. For example, people in NY, Queens more precisely, did not have electricity for 6 days, while the heat was really chanllenging... I'd say, Romania might not be the only land of contrasts, but then, what are we constrasting exactly?! Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Easily I agree but I about the post should prepare more info then it has.