Friday, July 20, 2007

This Blog is Not Dead

I'm just busy. One thing that you don't learn in the Peace Corps is how to juggle. That is unless your NGO happens to be the circus. Highly unlikely. Anyway, I've been working a full time job for a week now. It's highly overrated, but it certainly plugs a hole in that sieve known as my bank account. Let's just say that the Peace Corps "readjustment allowance" doesn't allow one to readjust for too long, especially when one's been plopped in the middle of Streeterville. Chicagoans, you know what I'm talking about. I also have to cook and clean now. Ica, God bless her soul, took care of that for me for awhile.

Another time eater is getting reacquainted with my lady and visiting with my long-lost friends (and their children). Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about this aspect of my "New American Experience" (Maybe I should start a new blog with that as the title? Oh, wait, I don't have the time.), but I got used to having plenty of alone time (in retrospect, maybe too much). Sitting at the kitchen table writing this post, I realize that this is my first alone time in about 2 weeks! Sarah is out getting wined and dined by her future employer. She's getting really good at that.

Anyway, the point of this blog is to transmit a message to you, loyal reader: Don't give up on me just yet. I've got loads of photos from 5 countries to post on this blog and you don't want to miss them. Please bear with me. Belgrade will be our first stop, so again, stay tuned...

1 comment:

SMangat said...

wait. no 14 hour work week in the states. eff that