Thursday, August 11, 2005

Buna Piatra Neamt part 2

I've only got 10 minutes left at the internet cafe so I'll make this short:

Tuesday: Found a nice place to get some exercise. It's a cobblestone path up a big hill. There's two restaurants and a bar up there in case you get hungry or thirsty :) Walked around town a bit with Gabby and had dinner with her and a colleague of hers. Her colleague's sister, husband and daughter were there as well, so it was a good opportunity for a language exercise.

Wednesday: More hiking up the hill and walking around town. Gabby and I went to a Turkish restaurant for lunch (SCORE) and did some shopping at the main Piata. I bought some bread, fruit & veggies. We also stopped by the foreign languages library and had a shot of Tuica for Cristina's birthday. I met Cristina on my site visit in July. She introduced me to her colleague Nicolae, who will be taking over for her as she takes her two year (that's correct, two year) state mandated maternity leave. I hope that I will be able to see her again though. She's very nice. Got home and watched some fotbal with gazda bro Stephan. It was Steaua Bucharest (Stefan's fav team) vs. Rosenborg (Norway) in the 3rd round (I think) of the UEFA Champions Cup. It wound up being a 1-1 tie, so needless to say, Stephan was not a happy camper.

Today: I'll tell you tomorrow.....

No comments: