Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Laundry Day

I'm doing my first batch of laundry today. Killing some time in the tavernet cafe right now waiting to switch to spin! Man, I feel so lucky to have a washing machine. I'd be sucking right now if I had to hand wash everything. I know, I know, it's the Peace Corps, right? I should be sucking right now, right? Well hey, sucking sucks. It's hard enough just being here. I'll take any creature comforts I can get. However, I do have a big plastic wash tub I can use if I start to feel guilty.....Ha! Let's just hope the washer doesn't break down on me. And it's not like I have a dryer anyway.

It's been awhile since the last real post. As Sarah, the Barr Family, my Dad and Mindy know, I was having a tough time at the end of last week. I was ready to ET and come home. Luckily, after many conversations and sleeping on it, I changed my mind. I guess I just kind of freaked out, albeit a little early. I think that this happens at some point or another to all PCVs. I think that I'll feel better once school starts, at which point I won't have so much time to sit around and think about how much I miss home and everybody there, especiallly Sarah.

Anyway, I'm running out of time. More later.

Love,
Scott

No comments: