Sunday, September 04, 2005

Fotbal Ceahlaul!



Victor and I went to the soccer game in Piatra Neamt yesterday. The team is called F.C. Ceahlaul (named after the big mountain in the area). F.C. Ceahlaul is in orange and F.C. Botosani is in blue. The mountain you see in the background is Pietricica, which is located in the center of Piatra Neamt (note the big TV antenna/tower). We had a lot of fun! Ica and Victor are visiting me this weekend and will be off to the resort town of Vatra Dornei today. I'll be joining them on Friday for the weekend!

Yesterday, Romania beat Czech Republic 2-0 in a world cup qualifier to keep their hopes alive for a spot in World Cup 2006. It was a very important game and it's all over the news today. The World Cup is in Germany next year and I hope that I'll be able to visit and catch a game.......I'm watching a lot of soccer these days and am enjoying it very much. The fans are so passionate about the game! It's fun to watch games from different countries and learn the different styles of play. Aside from all of the World Cup qualifiers this summer, I've seen games from the Spanish league, the English league, and of course, the Romanian league. Tonight is Brazil vs. Chile. I'm definitely going to check that out....

No comments: