Thursday, September 01, 2005

September is Here

Hello all. Sorry I've been so incommunicado lately. Just trying to get my life in order. So I showed up to school today for day one all primed and ready to go. Not surprisingly, nothing really happened. Aside from meeting a couple English teachers, I did nothing but sit at a table in the teacher's room (it's kind of like a big boardroom), make notes to myself and read PC materials on teaching. After about an hour and a half Florin (my professional counterpart and Vice Director of the school) came in and told me I should go becuse there's nothing going on today. Okay then. So, I wait. Fine with me. I'm friggin' Mr. Flexibilty at this point. When I come back home you're all going to call me Gumby.

After I left school I responded to some emails, including Ica's, which takes a long time because I need to translate and then respond in Romanian. Ica and Victor are going to come visit me tomorrow. Their daughter Delia (my new sister) was kind enough to send them some money from NYC for a vacation. This will be Ica & Victor's first time in Moldova. I believe that, aside from visiting Piatra Neamt with me, they will go to the painted monasteries and visit a resort with hot springs or something. I think its called Vatra Dornei.

I just got back from the gym (yes, I have a gym to go to) and fixed myself the usual lunch of a piece of fruit, bread, telemea cheese (it's kind of like feta but not as salty), and piept de pui (chicken lunchmeat). Now I have to clean the apartment and continue proofreading Florin's son's doctoral dissertation on postmodern Canadian literature. That's not a joke by the way. Big favor for Florin. Big favor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi scotter. Great news that Ica & victor are coming to visit. A touch of home away from home away from home. Enjoy!!! Love DAD